Canary Mail 0.888 is an exciting new email client for Mac that offers a full set of powerful features with one key difference – your emails are not stored on a 3rd-party server. Every facet of Canary has been designed in accordance with our core philosophy of ensuring complete user privacy and offering reliable and snappy performance. Unlike other apps/services, using Canary is not contingent on providing access to your data.
- Read Tracking – Canary notifies you instantly when your email is read.
- Email Snooze – Declutter your Inbox in an instant and deal with emails at your convenience.
- Unified Inbox – Canary features a unified inbox and supports Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, FastMail and universal IMAP.
- Fully Local – Your emails are encrypted and stored locally and securely on your Mac, not on an online server.
- Gmail Labels and Filters – Canary supports labels and social/promotional email segregation that Gmail users love.
- Attachments Browser – Quickly find, download, and open every file that you’ve ever sent or received.
- Quick Reply – Compose at the speed of thought with inline replies and direct keyboard shortcuts for your favorite contacts.
- Powerful Search – Instantly find an email with powerful predicate-based search that works even when you’re offline.
- Amazing Performance – Canary is engineered to offer an incredibly snappy user experience, with minimal CPU and RAM use.
What’s New in Version 0.888:
- More powerful, intuitive, and accurate natural language search via elegant new interface
- Simplified saved search functionality
- Option to disable transparency
- Opaque dark mode
- Incorrect tokenization in Search
- Clicking on Search suggestions may not tokenize / trigger Search
- Make new features compatible with OS X 10.10
- Expand cc field if cc present when replying all
- Certain emails may be clipped
- Attachments may not show in some situations
- Dragging / dropping attachments that have not been downloaded may generate incorrect file name
- UI may not update when app is in background
- Move to button should be disabled if multiple emails belonging to different accounts are selected
- Dragging Compose window may not work in some situations
- Addresses in Compose may flicker in some situations
1. Unpack and install
2. Go through Installation Guide provided in File