Default Folder X 5.1.2 attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, “rebounding” to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X’s toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you’re constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you’ve recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you’re still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.1.2:
- Fixed a bug that could cause spurious crashes
- Corrected a problem that could cause Default Folder X to use more memory than it should
- Fixed a crash that occurred when you attempted to perform an operation (duplicate, move, copy, etc) on a broken alias
- Turned off HockeyApp metrics reporting so Default Folder X no longer contacts hockeyapp.com or visualstudio.com
- Updated to version 1.15.1 of the Sparkle automatic update checking framework
1. Unpack and install
2. Go through Installation Guide provided in File