Parallels Desktop 12.1.2, the industry-leading software for running Windows applications on a Mac, now includes a new version of the software for developers, designers, and power users: Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Pro Edition
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Pro Edition is a version of the software specifically designed for developers, designers, and power users, giving them the powerful tools they need for maximum productivity. The Pro Edition supports integration with popular developer tools including Docker, Visual Studio (plug-in), Chef and Jenkins, Vagrant, Guest OS debugging and network simulation. Parallels Desktop Pro Edition empowers users to run preview Windows machines and use nested virtualization for both Windows and Linux guests, making it the perfect tool for developers, power users and testers who need a variety of virtual machine environments, including simulation of more complex deployments.
What’s New in Parallels Desktop 12.1.2:
- Up to 90 percent faster snapshot creation
- Up to 60 percent faster suspending of virtual machines
- Up to 25 percent faster Shared Folders performance
- Up to 10 percent battery life improvement
- Improved virtual machine responsiveness when your Mac is low on free memory
- For better performance, when Windows is idle but you’re working in OS X, Windows will no longer perform resource-intensive maintenance tasks.
- Schedule when Windows 10 does maintenance, like downloading and installing updates
- New options to Windows apps settings in the Dock: Keep Mac Awake, Always Hide Others, Enable Do Not Disturb, Start in Full Screen
- Ability to open Microsoft Office online documents from your Mac browser in Windows office apps (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Quicker attachments: list of recent files in File Explorer and Outlook 2016 for Windows now shows files which were opened, edited, or downloaded recently on the Mac
- New mode that puts virtual machines in the background to make them ready in seconds when needed.
Other New Features
- Simplified backup: one year of Acronis True Image 500GB cloud backup storage, which can back up changes to a virtual machine instead of having to resave the entire virtual machine every time changes are made
- Ability to run a virtual machine in Coherence without the Parallels Desktop icon in the Dock
- Retina display: resizing a Windows 10 virtual machine window preserves proper size of text and icons
- Retina display: when using Windows 10 on a Mac laptop with external display(s) connected, you can set an independent screen resolution for each display
- An option to store Edge and Internet Explorer passwords in Mac Keychain
- Retina resolution support for OS X virtual machines
- New design for virtual machine windows in shutdown, suspended, and paused states, including updated screens when starting or resuming a virtual machine in Coherence and a “Play” control on the virtual machine thumbnail in Control Center.
- Native look for .exe files on the Mac desktop and in the Finder
- Fully featured toolbar for virtual machines in full screen mode
Parallels Toolbox for Mac – The Parallels Toolbox feature in Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac and the Pro Edition makes it easy to perform 20 common tasks on the Mac with simple single-function tools that don’t require settings customization. With the Pro Edition or a subscription to the stand-alone Parallels Toolbox for Mac, additional tools will be made available every few months to make your life even easier. Initial tools include:
- Audio and video management: record audio, mute microphone, video downloader, and video convertor
- Screenshots made simple: capture area, window, or screen
- Screen recording: record area, window, or screen
- Time management: alarm, timer, date countdown, and stopwatch
- Peace, productivity and privacy: do not disturb, do not sleep, hide desktop icons, and lock screen
- Archiving: archive and un-archive
Features of the Pro Edition
- Compile Visual Studio projects on shared folders up to 25 percent faster.
- Limit virtual machines disk I/O speed, CPU usage, and bandwidth when you want to run tasks in multiple virtual machines.
- In-place virtual machine archiving even when running out of free disk space.
- Pre-defined profiles for testing network related apps in virtual machines: 100% Loss, 3G, DSL. EDGE, Very Bad Network, Wi-Fi.
- New advanced settings for Shared Folders.
- Support for /etc/resolver/ – set name servers for specified zones when you are in VPN.
- Support for Secure Boot standard for Windows 10 virtual machines.
- Support for Apple Hypervisor engine.
- Quick access to built-in Windows utilities from virtual machine title bar.
1. Unpack and install
2. Go through Installation Guide provided in File